WEB EDITOR – MWANANCHI Login to Apply
posted on : 3 months ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Digital Content
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3-5
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
his position requires an exceptional bilingual journalist and digital native who is obsessed with using data & insights to generate engaging content and build audiences across multiple platforms. You have a proven track record creating targeted, interactive web & social media content, managing online communities, converting casual readers and followers into engaged fans. As an audience-first digital journalist, you are obsessed with quality, clarity, accuracy and speed. You are also comfortable with various content management systems (WordPress, Drupal, CoreMedia), analytics tools (Chartbeat, Google Analytics) and footprint & impact trackers (Keyhole, Hootsuite).
Full Job Description
- Use audience data to refine content strategies for news, features and special projects for mwananchi.co.tz, YouTube and social media pages, focusing on mobile-first delivery.
- Develop monthly content calendars (outside events stories) for mwananchi.co.tz, ensuring a consistent pipeline of original digital reporting and exclusive web stories.
- Upload & distribute articles (text, visuals & audio) to mwananchi.co.tz and other MCL sites and social media channels, ensuring accurate, timely content delivery for discrete audiences.
- Edit headlines and copy for websites, video & social media platforms utilizing SEO best-practices (use of metadata, tags, keywords, internal linking, optimized media).
- Champion the use of videos and interactive photography across MCL websites & social media pages, ensuring content is of exceptional, publishable quality.
- Prioritize web coverage to focus on readership (engagement) and impact, giving prominence to content that demonstrates exceptional newsworthiness and clarity.
- Develop and deploy new content formats, including new segments for our existing video platforms (YouTube & Instagram), interactive stories and visualizations.
- Research, cultivate & operationalize new digital distribution platforms for Mwananchi content (e.g. TikTok, Discord), working closely with the ME, Online & New Content.
- Cultivate and effectively manage relationships with various sources and stakeholders to ensure newsmakers talk to Mwananchi Digital first.
- Serve as digital liaison and champion with MCL’s various news desks & content team, helping them learn to deliver news for digital platforms first.
- Any other duties or responsibilities assigned by your head of unit.
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited