CORRESPONDENT Login to Apply
posted on : 4 months ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Editorial Content
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : At least 1 to 2 years of working experience
Minimum Academic Qualification : Diploma
Full Job Description
- Takes notes on location, carries out interviews checks facts and tape records as the case may be; writes news or features on own initiative, choice and judgment or at the direction of wither the news editor or section editor.
- Researches and provides background information to make copy complete.
- The material so written must reflect a thorough understanding of the MCL’s style of journalism as defined in the editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and the journalistic code of ethical journalism.
- Briefs features editor on stories gathered and writes the selected owns within set deadlines.
- Follows news feature leads and maintains close contacts with sources.
- Continually builds his/her contact list and demonstrates its value with consistent exclusive reports or information.
- Develops features ideas.
- Is primarily but not solely responsible for the correctness of facts, content and style of his/her news reports materials.
- Closely co-operates with photographers from whom he/she orders pictures on the issues he/she covers.
- Performs both independently and under supervision in accordance with general principles and directives.
- Achieves agreed targets.
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited