TRANSPORT SUPERVISOR Login to Apply
posted on : 10 months ago
Industry : Media / Entertainment Job Function : Administrative
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3-5 years working experience. Diploma in fleet management or mechanical engineering is essential.
Minimum Academic Qualification : Diploma
To provide a reliable, efficient and cost effective transport service to Mwananchi Communications and external customers. The job entails allocating reliable vehicles and drivers to meet customer requirements. The jobholder gets details of routes to be covered, the goods or passengers to be transported, assesses the road conditions and allocates vehicles accordingly.
Academic: Diploma in fleet management or mechanical engineering is essential or a degree in the same is an added advantage. Someone with CILT (Chartered institute of Transport and Logistics) is crucial in this role.
Professional: Driving License, Automotive engineering skills and NIT professionals’ certificates.
Experience: 3-5 years working experience.
Full Job Description
- To add value on business especially on fleet maintenance, fuel consumption and delivery of MCL parcels and courier.
- To improve efficiency in all fleet operations of Mwananchi Communications Ltd.
- Trains company drivers on vehicle maintenance, safety and record management especially on log books.
- To deliver the section key performance indicators and budget on delivery time, costs management and operational costs.
- Prepares daily, weekly and monthly departure and arrival reports and disseminates to respective departments.
- Prepares and oversees smooth implementation of drivers’ operational schedule.
- Supervises transport staff and ensure they drive diligently company vehicles for the best results.
- Perform all assigned duties on time as assigned by the Circulation and Distribution Manager.
- To monitor newspaper distribution vehicles from Mwananchi Communications Ltd to designated customers.
- Ensure that schedule maintenance and repairs are performed according to the agreed plan by tracking the mileage readings of the assigned vehicle.
- Monitoring that safety driving rules and regulations are followed by all drivers when driving company vehicle.
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited