FEATURES EDITOR Login to Apply
posted on : 11 months ago
Industry : Media / Entertainment Job Function : Art / Design
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 5 years working experience combining writing with subbing skills
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
Responsible to coordinate and manage operations of Mwanaspoti features desk to ensure continuous generation of strong content that conforms to journalistic ethics, editorial objectives and house style within set deadlines.
Full Job Description
- Is responsible for the editorial content of the features pages in line with the paper
- Generates features articles for Mwanaspoti papers.
- Coordinates editing and production of features pages.
- Checks and corrects editorial for facts, accuracy, taste, house-style, language use, clarity, details, objectivity, spellings etc.
- Assigns features articles to writers.
- Re-writes the copy as necessary for simplicity, clarity, style etc.
- Writes or rewrites the appropriate headline for the copy, ensuring it reflects the overriding message of the story.
- Design features pages.
- Checks all headlines, captions, pictures, copy text and page logos and all other page elements to sign the pages within set deadlines.
- Checks the printed soft copy and corrects any errors, signs off the pages to go to press
- Supports preparation and realization of long-term and short-term editorial plans regarding the features sections based on continuing consultations with the Managing Editor
- Supervises the performance by subordinates in features section
- Seeks external contributors/contributions
- Prepares page one promos for highlighting special features
Register to view and apply for jobs. Use the right panel to register
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited