SECURITY OFFICER (1 POST) Login to Apply
posted on : 11 months ago
Industry : Print /Digital Media Job Function : Administrative
Job Experience Level : Mid Level
Minimum Years of Experience : 3 to 5
Minimum Academic Qualification : Bachelor
To ensure a safe and secure environment for operations in the Company to enable MCL meet its business objectives.
Full Job Description
A) Access Control
· Control the times individuals have access to the facility
· Inspect vehicles required to enter or exit the facility
· Develop a procedure to challenge unauthorized/unidentified persons
· Deploy security guards to control access to the facility and keep records of all visitors, staff, contractors, employees and vendors
· Deny access and trigger an alarm when visitors or strangers attempt to forcibly try to gain access to the facility
· Post signage within the facility to indicate areas restricted to authorized personnel.
· Ensure that all doors and windows are locked when not in use
B) Procedural Security
· Record and verify goods being delivered to Mwananchi Communications Limited.
· Record and verify goods being dispatched out of Mwananchi Communications Limited.
· Protect against un-manifested material being introduced/removed from Mwananchi Communications Limited.
· Put in a place a procedure for searching of persons and inspection of packages and ensure that statutory regulations are observed to avoid unnecessary litigation.
· Develop procedures for random and unannounced security assessments.
· Ensure that all products and equipment leaving Mwananchi Communications Limited are properly marked, weighed, counted, documented and verified against manifest document
C) Physical Security
· Clear identification of protected areas.
· Appropriate lighting for key operational areas.
· Gates or doors through which vehicles or personnel enter or exit should be manned or under the observation of security personnel.
· Restrict access to cargo storage areas so as to safeguard against pilferage.
· Access to employee parking areas must be controlled at all times.
· Private passenger vehicles should be prohibited from parking in goods delivery/dispatch areas or immediately adjacent to cargo storage areas.
D) Personnel Security
· Ensure that firearms, illegal drugs, knives and weapons of any sort, are prohibited in all MCL facilities.
· Ensuring gate passes are issued to all company drivers leaving the premises for any reason. The gate passes should be authorized and details of the journey indicated
· Ensure that any contract employee on the premises wear appropriate distinctive clothing. These include security staff, cleaners, cooks etc.
· Maintain a roster with current telephone numbers of key company personnel, union officials, law enforcement, hospitals and the fire department to minimize any delay in making emergency contacts.
E) Documentation Processing Security
· Ensure that the security department maintains parallel records for all transactions as part of the internal control process
· Ensure that signatures required for all process checkpoints ( e.g., document preparation for newspaper delivery, cargo receipt and delivery, returns, etc) are put in place
· Keep and maintain the following records:
- Occurrence Book
- Visitors Register
- Staff Register
- Items in Register
- Items out Register
- Alarm activation register
- Newspaper and Magazines dispatch register
- Returns Register
- Vehicle control register
- Search Register
- And others
· Ensure that there proof of delivery for all consignments is maintained
© 2018 Mwananchi Communications Limited